Texas students deserve better.
“At Texas Aspires, we believe every child deserves every opportunity to reach their full potential: a high-quality education beginning in the early years, schools that meet students’ needs, well-supported and compensated teachers, and preparation for fulfilling careers.”
Will Fullerton, Executive Director of Texas Aspires.
Students deserve to read by third grade.
- Expanding the number of high-quality pre-kindergarten seats will increase access, opportunity, and academic outcomes.
- Kindergarten readiness should be a priority in early childhood education.
- Districts should use strategic staffing programs to renew focus on grades K-2.
Students deserve to have a high-quality teacher every year.
- Compensation structures should reward teachers’ effectiveness and incentivize strategic staffing.
- Texas should increase data reporting on the distribution of effective teachers.
- Increased diversity in the teaching workforce should be a state priority.
Students deserve to choose a public school that fits their needs.
- Facilities funding for charter schools will decrease the financial disparities among public schools.
- Partnerships between districts and charter schools or community partners create new and exciting opportunities for students.
- Replication of proven turnaround and school improvement strategies improves school performance.
- Expansion of P-TECH and early college high schools will provide new opportunities for students.
Students deserve to graduate prepared for what’s next.
- Rigorous coursework prepares students to succeed in postsecondary studies without remediation.
- Students should have access to CTE programs aligned with local and state industry needs.
- Credits and credentials should be transferable between institutions, so they can be built upon.